Fuji Norcom Straight 1.1 Time Trial/Triathlon Frameset - 2016
The 2016 Fuji Norcom Straight 1.1 framest is Fuji's premier offering in the time trial/triathlon category and the perfect platform to create the aero bike of your dreams. As is common practice at Fuji, designers left no avenue of development unexplored, and worked hand in hand with Olympic traithlete Matty Reed and pro triathlon champions Sarah Haskins and Cameron Dye to address issues from a pro rider's perspective, and then translate these inputs into arguably one of the fastest framesets on Earth.
The Norcom Straight's C10 carbon frame and FC-330 carbon fork technology represent an amazing jump in stiffness, steering response, and of course, aerodynamics. The Norcom was engineered largely in the legendary A2 Wind Tunnel facility in North Carolina, where designers were able to significantly reduce the drag on every yaw angle on the frame and fork, and incorporate the most developed shaping techniques in the industry. The result is an ultra-light, ultra-stiff full monocoque carbon frame with race-friendly adjustable vertical dropouts.
The Norcom Straight's designers placed the rear brake cavity directly behind the bottom bracket (as opposed to being on the seat tube in previous bikes), and opted to go with a BB86 bottom bracket which moves the bearings outward on the crank axle, dramatically improving the stiffness of both the frame -- through a greater cross-sectional width at the BB shell -- and the crank itself. The result was a surprising 26% increase in stiffness in the BB area, which to a triathlon or time trial rider equals faster times.
- C10 ultra high-modulus aero carbon fiber tubing is ultra-stiff, responsive, and lightweight
- FC-330 carbon aero monocoque fork w/ carbon steerer and integrated airfoil brake
- BB86 bottom bracket shell
- Includes TRP aero TTV front and rear brakes
- Includes Oval Concepts 760 Aero 3D-forged 7075 alloy stem with 31.8mm clamp diameter and 90mm length
- Includes Oval Concepts aero carbon seatpost with integrated seatpost collar
- Includes FSA 1-1/8" headset