Nashbar Single-Speed Cyclocross Bike
SAVE 43% $329.99 Compare At $579.99
Fun, pure and simple, is what the Nashbar Single-speed Cyclocross Bike is all about. When you're out on the trails, a 'cross course, or just ripping around town, this single-speed 'cross bike reduces cycling to its essence - keep on pedaling for speed, and tap the brakes for control when needed. Its chromoly frame and Hi-ten steel fork are super-strong and built to take whatever punishment you dish out. The single-speed drivetrain features a 42x18T gear ratio which strikes a good balance between speed on flatter terrain as well as the ability to climb (with, of course, some muscle power on your part). And with a flip-flop rear hub design, you can choose to use either an 18T freewheel or an 18T fixed cog for the drivetrain. Tektro cantilever brakes are easy to maintain and deliver ample stopping power in all conditions. Furthermore, the bike's alloy wheels are plenty durable and are topped with 700x35 knobby tires for all-around performance in the dirt.
- Chromoly frame and Hi-ten steel fork are the epitome of strength and durability
- 42x18T single-speed drivetrain is as simple as it gets
- Rear hub features flip-flop design with 18T freewheel/18T fixed cog options
- Tektro cantilever brakes provide traditional 'cross stopping power
- Alloy, 32H, double wall rims with 700x35 knobby tires